Accounts Payable Specialist
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Maternity Benefit|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
Performs computerized accounts payable accounting functions for Women's Healthcare Associates.
- Set up new vendors as necessary and send W-9 form for accurate reporting of other income or non-employee compensation.
- Initiates process and makes decisions as to timing of vendor payments and Patient/Insurance Refundsusing Cash Requirements report.
- Maintains vendor files and appropriate accumulators to generate 1099’s at year-end. Balance and file with IRS.
- Responsible for identifying invoice and/or vendor discrepancies and monitors expense trends looking for overpaying or over-utilizing an expense. Communicates any issues to managers and/or department leads as they arise.
- Codes and creates journal entries to breakout company credit card bills.
- Audits, codes, and verifies proper general ledger coding for all payables.
- Assists and advises other AP staff with reconciliation and resolving of complex problems.
- Traces and investigates transactions to resolve questionable data and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Completes credit applications for new vendors.
- Responds to vendor inquiries regarding invoices and payment processes.
- Tracks and posts CME and Expense reimbursements for employees and owners.
- Meets with new clinicians to review CME and AP processes.
- Creates and enters journal entries for month end close.
- Assists CFO and Accounting Supervisor as needed with financial analysis and other related projects.
- Maintains and manages WHA banking requirements for accurate and timely ACH Batches and file transfers (Post Pay).
- Preparation of Excel spreadsheets to accurately distribute charges from vendors to correct clinic location.
- Works with Purchasing Department on various projects as needed.
- Takes responsibility for and demonstrates safe work practices.
- May back up the Accounting Assistant - A/P & Payroll and AP Clerk as needed.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Maintains WHA confidentiality standards.
- Attends WHA and office meetings.
- Models The Values Statement and The Patient Experience of WHA.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prior Accounts Payable experience required
- Keyboard & personal computer skills, including data entry and 10-key by touch required
- Experience using computerized accounting systems and automated time & attendance systems
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Detail oriented with a strong aptitude for accuracy
- Ability to work in a team effectively
- Ability to ask questions and be persistent in order to get invoices paid accurately and on time
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, clinicians and vendors
- Ability to prioritize workload independently
- Ability to be flexible in adapting to changing needs
- Ability to use appropriate judgment and logic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of payroll and financial information
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Seeks additional duties when work has been completed
*This is a 40 hr/week position.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.