|Location:||Happy Valley / Gresham, OR|
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
We have an exciting leadership opportunity at our Happy Valley & Gresham Station Offices! The clinic will consist of a team of physicians, advanced practice clinicians and clinical and administrative support staff. The Practice Supervisor position will supervise, direct and coordinate patient services and clinical services staff functions in the clinic.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience working in a medical office setting, demonstrated leadership skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be extremely adaptable to change.
* This is a 40 hour/week position, Monday - Friday (8am - 5pm). Position will primarily be at the Happy Valley office but will also work at the Gresham Station office as needed.
- Responsible for departmental goal setting and direction of department functions. Works with Director of Operations to determine department long term goals and needs.
- Establishes department priorities by answering questions and requests; establishes quality standards, methods and procedures; schedules activities and employees; monitors progress; revises schedules and resolves problems.
- Manages performance, training, development and scheduling of all clinic staff. Works with Director of Operations in the hiring and termination process. Writes and conducts staff performance evaluations. Documents performance and attendance. Consults with Director of Operations regarding employee issues and results as appropriate.
- Responsible for employment and selection decisions. Completes and forwards employment requisitions for personnel replacements to Human Resources. Interviews, checks references and makes hiring decisions for new employees, in coordination with Director of Operations and Human Resources. Partners with Director of Operations and Human Resources to resolve compensation issues and determine starting pay for new hires.
- Coaches, trains and develops staff and promotes teamwork within WHA.
- Maintains continuity among work teams within WHA by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
- Serves as an employee role model in all patient interactions by remaining friendly, courteous and helpful. Ensures patient, staff and clinician satisfaction through efficient department operations. Solves staff problems as needed, or refers to Director of Operations. Responds to patient complaints and seeks resolution with Director of Operations.
- Approves employee schedules, absences, overtime and vacation. Ensures staffing coverage meets the needs of the clinic. Takes initiative to know clinicians’ schedules, including vacations and other absences.
- Coordinates agendas and conducts department meetings.
- Performs the duties of direct reports as outlined in the relevant job description and depending upon individual’s qualifications for all positions supervised. May also provide assistance in surgery scheduling, referrals, or other duties.
- Assesses needs and is responsible for the on-going and periodic training of staff on use of medical equipment, office procedures and protocols.
- Oversees all clerical and clinical functions of the clinic under the direction of the Director of Operations.
- Responsible for the implementation of systems that ensure efficient patient flow under the direction of the Director of Operations.
- Acts as an intermediary for clinicians and clinical staff regarding questions, concerns or issues that may arise.
- Runs reports and utilizes dashboards to evaluate staff performance (including information entered into EMR). Discusses ways to improve and track staff use of the EMR. May coordinate with the EMR Training Specialist, Practice Manager, or members of WHA’s IT team as needed.
- Responds to emergency situations that may occur in the clinic.
- Assists staff with de-escalating upset patients.
- Coordinates clinic-level onboarding and training activities for new direct reports, including completion of new hire checklist.
- Assists with staff payroll reporting. Resolves timekeeping issues with staff as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior medical experience required, preferably in an OB/GYN medical group practice.
- Knowledge of medical charting processes and procedures required. Prior experience with or the ability to learn electronic medical records software required.
- Ability to make presentations, conduct training and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of clinical workflows for patient and clinical services positions supervised.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively work with others.
- Prior supervisory experience in a medical group setting preferred.
- Proven effective communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance plans preferred.
- Knowledge of keyboarding, data entry and basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated success in service excellence and process improvement.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to various WHA sites and meetings.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.