|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program, Childbirth Education Classes & Breastfeeding Support|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We're inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she nees to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
The Accounting Specialist performs a variety of regular and recurring moderately complex accounting functions. Assists in coordination of WHA accounting projects from inception to completion. Backs up payroll and accounts payable staff as needed.
*This is a full time, 40 hr/week position (Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5pm).
- Completes special assignments from the CFO or Accounting Supervisor, including account analysis, cost and overhead allocation, etc.
- Researches questions and problems raised by department managers.
- Assists in planning and executing special audit projects as assigned.
- Performs monthly close process activities, including the preparation of required accounting entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Assists with financial analysis and other related projects.
- Assists in project-related research as requested.
- Reconciles all cash accounts, including interbank transfers.
- Prepares invoices for other revenue (outside of the practice management system) and tracks/records properly in general ledger.
- Coordinates annual fixed asset inventory, including reconciliation between fixed asset software and general ledger.
- Assists with Personal Property Tax filings annually.
- Tracks balances and monitors loans, capital leases, and operating leases.
- Performs Unclaimed Property reporting.
- Reviews and reconciles WHA Verizon account billing.
- Backs up payroll and accounts payable staff periodically to cover for absences or on occasions when a back up is required.
- Takes responsibility for and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Maintains WHA confidentiality standards.
- Attends WHA and office meetings as needed.
- Models The Values Statement and The Patient Experience of WHA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or the equivalent combination of classroom training and/or job-related experience required. CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Prior experience in a healthcare organization preferred.
- Experience with computerized accounting software required.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Ability to demonstrate The Values Statement and The Patient Experience of WHA.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.