|Location:||Portland / Tigard, OR|
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program, Cell Phone Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
This role will be responsible for supporting the Purchasing department in the acquisition of supplies for WHA, as well as providing support for various services. Assists the department by performing administrative duties related to the supply cycle, monitoring the purchase order process and offering logistical support.
Ideal candidates must be able to work well independently (and also within a team!), build rapport and strong relationships with external vendors, prioritize workload effectively and meet deadlines, and be extremely detail oriented!
- Monitors and maintains the supply cycle by effective use of materials management software.
- Processes purchase order confirmation resolutions, back-ordered item management, handling substitutions for discontinued items, managing weekly open item report, proof of delivery, and receipt of items into materials management system.
- Resolves vendor concerns, including returns, exchanges and delivery issues. Manages credt memo process, ensuring credits are received and processed within 30 days.
- Responsible for varied tasks such as database maintenance, filing and matching invoices to corresponding packing slips.
- Provides a gold standard of service to internal customers.
- Maintains organized files, logs, invoices and other related documentation.
- Assists Purchasing Manager with coordination of deliveries and installation of furniture equipment and other supplies as needed.
- Reviews and approves office supply orders for all WHA sites, ensuring contract and policy compliance.
- Assists Purchasing Manager with item standardization, pricing revisions, contract compliance reporting, site stock room organization and research on items being considered for purchase.
- Maintains an understanding of medical supplies and the equipment requirements of each clinic.
- In absence of Purchasing Manager, reviews and approves purchase orders for medical-surgical supplies.
- May assist with other duties, such as support on item standardization, database maintenance, filing, invoice matching, new vendor set-up, delivery coordination.
- High School Diploma required.
- One year of purchasing or supply chain experience required. Two years experience preferred as well as healthcare industry background.
- Two years of customer service experience required.
- Proficient in using materials management software, IOS strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Advanced Excel skills preferred. Proficient in other Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proven effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and making decisions in an environment where all details may not be known.
- Able to successfully collaborate and to participate in team projects.
- Willingness to innovate and constantly review workflows for increased efficiencies.
- Understanding of value analysis and the effect of cost and quality on patient outcomes.
- Ability to learn on the fly, utilizing available resources.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Travel from clinical sites may occasionally be required; reliable transportation necessary.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.