Genetic Lab Assistant
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program, Childbirth Education Classes & Breastfeeding Support, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Clinic:||Northwest Perinatal Center-West|
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
Coordinates lab processes and manages flow of genetic test requisitions and test results in a friendly and modern OB/GYN office. Ability to multi-task, strong interpersonal skills and high attention to detail is a must.
Our ideal candidate has laboratory experience and knowledge of genetics, along with phlebotomy skills.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have excellent time management and organization skills, and have the ability to coordinate multiple tasks with multiple clinicians on a daily basis, than this is the job for you!
*This is a Monday-Friday, 40 hr/week position.
- Communicates appropriate information to providers regarding specimen collection and results.
- Dispatches specimens to appropriate testing locations.
- Verifies information and ensures specimens are processed accurately.
- Stores specimens under appropriate environmental conditions.
- Troubleshoots missing lab orders determines what the problem is and notifies appropriate staff accordingly to correct.
- Contacts appropriate clinical staff for missing information on lab orders.
- Acts a liaison between clinical staff and lab staff for missing lab results or other problems.
- Orders and maintains genetic lab supplies.
- Maintains lab records for quality assurance as required.
- Places orders and prints insurance labels for lab requisitions from computer system. Ensures requisitions are filled out accurately and match up with labels.
- Reviews patient registration information and scheduling according to procedures and reports changes to appropriate person at each location.
- Carries out provider orders accurately.
- Accurately identifies and distributes positive and negative genetic results.
- Troubleshoots basic client service problems or refers appropriately.
- Assists providers in coding using correct ICD-9 and CPT codes for clinic charges.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Certification from an accredited medical assisting or phlebotomy program preferred, or the equivalent combination of classroom training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn practice management and lab software.
- Previous medical assisting, lab or phlebotomy work experience in a medical group setting preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
- Basic computer proficiency required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding, including ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS preferred.
- Knowledge of basic specimen collection, selection, handling and storage activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively work with others.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through in great detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.