Post-Partum Doula/Community Health Worker (2 Positions)
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance Program, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
We are seeking two Post-Partum Doulas/Community Health Workers to join our team in this brand new role! This position will develop supportive relationships with pregnant women during their prenatal care by participating in initial intake visits, attending group visits, and connecting patients to resources. In this role you will provide continuous support, information, instruction, comfort and referrals as needed to women and their immediate families during the postpartum period. You will also act as a patient navigator, advocate, and coach and provide basic health education to patients and encourage healthy lifestyle changes and choices. These positions are available at our Gateway and Oregon City clinics.
*This is a 40 hr/wk position.
- Provides non-biased emotional, physical, and informational support during the postpartum period.
- Encourages the family to seek care that reflects their values and needs.
- Models and teaches effective communication.
- Encourages informed decision making.
- Supports the physical and emotional healing of the mother.
- Provides information on care options and resources for the mother and newborn.
- Supports and assists with infant feeding.
- Educates the family on newborn care and characteristics.
- Provides support to the new mother’s partner and/or family.
- Assists with household organization.
- Refer to healthcare professionals when support requires clinical assessment, a need for prescription, or medical diagnosis.
- Assists with the coordination of healthcare and community services for patients.
- Develops trust relationship with mothers during prenatal visits by participating in initial intake visits, attending group visits, and connecting patients to resources.
- Builds, maintains relationships and interacts professionally with local community partners.
- Takes responsibility for and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Maintains WHA confidentiality standards.
- Attends WHA and other company meetings.
- Models The Values Statement and The Patient Experience of WHA.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Current postpartum doula certification, or willingness to obtain within first year.
- Previous experience as Community Health Worker, or willingness to receive training as Community Health Worker.
- Experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle, or ability to procure transportation to patient homes and other off-site locations.
- Two years working experience in OB/GYN healthcare setting preferred.
- Bilingual / bicultural proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrated success in service excellence.
- Proven effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook). Electronic medical records skills preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate The Values and Patient Experience of WHA.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job and demonstrate the core competencies.