Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Certified Nurse Midwife
|Location:||Gresham or Happy Valley, OR|
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Employer Paid Maternity Leave, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program, Breastfeeding Support|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife with an interest in collaborative, team-oriented patient care at our upcoming expansion locations in Gresham and Happy Valley.
This is an opportunity to join a respected group whose members/owners believe in the highest standards of clinical care and quality of life. Our commitment to excellence in patient care is mirrored in the culture, compensation and benefits enjoyed by our clinicians and employees. WHA is a clinician-owned group practice and the largest women’s healthcare organization in Oregon. From its 13 clinical locations, WHA offers obstetrics, gynecology, perinatology, midwifery and genetics.
*This position is 40hrs/wk, Monday-Friday.
- Provides nursing/medical care, consultation, collaboration, coordination, and referral. Assesses and documents patients’ status and needs through patient interviews and chart reviews. Prioritizes and counsels accordingly. Performs appropriate physical examination. Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with physicians and other clinicians for evaluation of illness.
- Order, performs and signs off appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests and consultations.
- Differentiates between normal findings and those that require treatment.
- Formulates and documents patient’s health care plans incorporating the participation of the patient, physician, and other health care professionals.
- Communicates appropriate case management information to other healthcare professionals, clinician team and community agencies. Collaborates with physicians and/or nurse midwives in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between visits according to treatment plan including triaging patient calls.
- Promotes wellness philosophy by encouraging self-care and prevention of illness using education, counseling and written materials.
- Adheres to prescribed standards of practice and established quality assurance levels. Acts under the guidelines established by the Medical Director and WHA, the Oregon Board of Nursing, and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (or the American College of Nurse Midwives).
- May participate in clinician meetings, employee meetings and other WHA meetings as required.
- Master of Science degree in Nursing (NP/CNM), or Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies.
- Successful completion of an advanced practitioner training and certification as a practitioner from an approved nurse practitioner program.
- Current Oregon RN or PA license required.
- Current national certification as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) required.
- Current Oregon state licensure as a Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive privileges (NP-PP) required.
- Previous experience in women's health or nurse midwifery required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and CPR certification required.
- Skill in case management, time management, problem solving, crisis intervention and multi-tasking in a team care approach.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.