Patient Services Coordinator
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program, Childbirth Education Classes & Breastfeeding Support|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
*This is a full-time, 40-hours per week position (Monday - Friday).
Acts as a staff leader in directing and coordinating patient services functions. Ensures the patient services staff operates efficiently and effectively.
- Establishes department priorities by answering questions and requests; establishing quality standards, methods and procedures; scheduling activities and employees; monitoring progress; revising schedules and resolving problems under the direction of the PSS.
- Performs the duties of a Medical Receptionist, Patient Services Representative, Referral Navigator and NOB Coordinator as outlined in the relevant job description. May also provide assistance in other patient services duties. May also back up Template Coordinator.
- Assists the Patient Services Supervisor & Practice Manager regarding all clerical functions of the clinic.
- Coaches, trains, and develops patient services staff and promotes teamwork within WHA. Maintains continuity among work teams within WHA by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
- Serves as an employee role model in all patient interactions by remaining friendly, courteous and helpful. Ensures patient, staff and clinician satisfaction through efficient patient services staff operations. Solves patient services staff problems as needed, or refers to PSS and Practice Manager.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. Ensure confidentiality standards are understood and followed by staff.
- Monitors the assignment of new obstetrical patients and verifies they are evenly distributed among clinic’s clinicians.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior medical patient service experience required, preferably in an OB/GYN medical group practice.
- Proven effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with others required.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of medical practice management scheduling software and time requirements for scheduling.
- Ability to lead at a high level of excellence and to train others in the essential job functions for the positions for which they are responsible.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance plans preferred.
- Knowledge of keyboarding, data entry and basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook).
Women\'s Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.