EMR Training Specialist (2 Positions)
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Maternity Benefit|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We're inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she nees to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
The EMR Training Specialists provides EMR (Electronic Medical Record) support for our staff and clinician users in order to ensure efficient optimization, quality clinical care and customer satisfaction. Primary responsibilities include training, assisting with building, maintaining and supporting the use of GE Centricity EMR applications. This is the ideal opportunity for someone who is self-motivated, detail-oriented and has a passion for process improvement and training others so that we can continue to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Candidates that have prior experience working in a Medical Assistant, LPN or RN role are strongly preferred and encouraged to apply!
*There are two positions currently open at our Administrative Office in Tigard. These are 40 hour/week positions (generally Monday - Friday, but potential for flexibility on days/hours).
- Coordinates training schedule with the hiring and training demands of WHA.
- Develops and/or writes material for new training programs; reviews, evaluates, and modifies existing and proposed programs; recommends appropriate changes.
- Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods including group instruction, individual training, lectures, demonstrations, meetings and workshops.
- Selects and develops teaching aids such as training handbooks, handouts, demonstration models, multi-media visual aids, tutorials and evaluations.
- May test employees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- May conduct needs assessment for development of training curriculum.
- Reports on progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
- Maintains training documentation for all training and shares with HR and/or Practice Manager as appropriate.
- Meets individually with individual contributors to improve the use of the applications.
- Schedules the appropriate classroom and prepares the physical setup.
- Assists in the reporting and communication of clinical and quality data.
- Assists in using application reporting tools to monitor accuracy and integrity of patient data and facilitate changes in process needed while ensuring all required corrections are made in a timely manner.
- Assists Clinical Applications Specialists with testing of new content and system upgrades.
- Assists IT team in answering EMR training-related help desk questions
- Provide on-going recommendations to management for clinical process improvement.
High school diploma or GED required.
- Three years of clinical experience is strongly preferred with an understanding of clinical work flow preferred.
Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products including word processing, spread sheet and presentation software for training and presentations required.
- Prior training experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to make presentations, conduct training and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to learn new technologies within GE software applications.
- Experience with Centricity EMR strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to drive to various WHA clinics and meetings, etc.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.