Patient Service Representative
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program, Breastfeeding Support, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
Our Patient Service Representatives provide excellent customer service by welcoming and greeting patients, scheduling appointments, collecting co-pays and answering phones at our clinic in Hillsboro. Other duties including assistsing patients to ensure proper scheduling of follow-up care and appropriate financial arrangements are made. If you are detail-oriented, great at multitasking and passionate about providing excellent customer service, apply now!
*This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position.
- Answers basic questions from patients, staff and clinicians concerning insurance benefits and responds to clinician and staff requests for insurance information, especially as it relates to insurance benefits verification.
- Schedules return appointments and procedures. Re-schedules appointments as needed.
- Monitors clinicians’ schedules. Utilizes scheduling expertise to fill gaps in clinicians schedule through understanding of clinicians’ needs and scheduling protocols and procedures.
- Audits scheduled appointments for errors. Corrects errors and notifies Patient Services Coordinator as needed for training opportunities.
- Answers clinical services staff scheduling questions and concerns.
- Assists patients with scheduling appointments outside of WHA services as directed by clinician.
- Posts account balances as directed. Creates payment batches and reconciles daily deposits.
- Verifies eligibility, benefits and obtains authorization for patients’ medical procedures.
- Addresses patient complaints and concerns. Seeks resolution and refers to Patient Services Coordinator or Practice Supervisor as needed.
- Answers overflow phone calls in the queue.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical office experience required, preferably in an OB/GYN medical group practice.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of medical practice management scheduling software and time requirements for scheduling.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical insurance practices.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook).
- Proven effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills a must!
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.