Advice Nurse (OB/GYN)
|Location:||Oregon City, OR|
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Employer Paid Maternity Leave, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
Our Advice Nurses provide thorough and compassionate triage over the phone to our female patients in an outpatient OB/GYN clinic setting. Duties include providing timely and effective OB/GYN clinical triage, medical advice and education to patients.
*This is a 20 hr/week position - Monday, Wednesday and Saturday mornings.
- Answers telephone calls, effectively identifies and prioritizes problems, assesses acuity levels.
- Makes triage judgments, schedules appointments, faxes and phones in prescriptions and completes necessary paperwork.
- Returns all patient telephone calls during the same day.
- Assists patients to schedule appointments with specialists as necessary.
- Provides emotional and psychological support to patients and/or their guests.
- Counsels and educates patients over the telephone in OB/GYN issues including preterm labor, labs, diet, exercise, medications, menstrual cycle, breast exams, hormones, perimenopause and menopause.
- Current Oregon RN license and CPR certification required.
- Excellent communication skills in person and over the phone.
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize the patient's needs.
- Knowledge of contraceptives, hormones and medications compatible with pregnancy.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment modalities required.
- Prior experience in OB/GYN, L&D or family practice strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of medical charting processes and procedures required. Prior experience with or the ability to learn electronic medical records software required.
- Prior experience using Centricity EMR strongly preferred.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.