Medical Assistant/LPN (1 Position)
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance Program, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Clinic:||Peterkort South |
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
If you have great people skills, can juggle multiple tasks, and are passionate about providing excellent patient care, this is the role for you! Our Medical Assistant/LPN will provide direct support to our Certified Nurse Midwives in an outpatient setting (including preparing exam rooms, greeting and rooming patients, taking vitals and gathering patient history).
- Escorts patients to exam rooms. Obtains patients’ history and performs initial assessment of patients’ vital signs including temperature, pulse, blood pressure and weight/height as appropriate for visit.
- Updates and maintains clinicians’ daily office schedule.
- Answers telephone calls, takes accurate detailed messages, schedules appointments, (excluding telephone triage advice) and completes necessary paperwork.
- Responds to patients phone calls and notifies them of their lab and test results in a timely manner.
- May perform phlebotomy and injections as instructed.
- Enters information from patient’s medical history form into patient’s electronic chart. As needed, preloads information from paper chart or outside medical records into the patient’s electronic chart prior to appointment. Prepares patient information for clinician review prior to appointment.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Graduate from an accredited medical assisting program or licensed as an LPN in the state of Oregon.
- Certified as an MA through the AAMA, NCCT or AMT, or the ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire date required (if recent graduate from an accredited medical assisting program).
- CPR certification required.
- Prior experience in phlebotomy/injections strongly preferred.
- Experience with Centricity EMR a plus!
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.