Lab Assistant Float
|Benefits:||Medical/Vision, Dental/Orthodontia, 401(k), Employer Paid Long Term Disability Insurance, Employer Paid Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Employer Paid Maternity Leave, Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Medical, Dependent Care, & Transportation Accounts, Paid Time Off & Holidays, Life Balance, Employee Assistance Program|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
We wake up for women, every day. We’re inspired by their strength, their stories and the choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. Our vision is that every woman will have the care and knowledge she needs to lead a full and healthy life. Will you help us achieve it?
The Lab Assistant Float will be responsible for drawing blood samples from patients using proper skills and techniques, while also providing the least amount of discomfort to the patient as possible.
*This is a full-time, 40 hr/week position, and will provide coverage at all of our WHA clinics. Must enjoy variety and be willing to commute and work at numerous clinics throughout the Portland metro area!
- Coordinates schedules and work assignments with the Clinical Supervisors, in conjunction with the Lab Supervisor. Takes initiative to arrange work assignments in advance.
- Performs the duties of a Lab Assistant and Specimen Processor as outlined in the relevant job description and depending upon individual’s qualifications.
- Drives between clinic sites on an on-call basis.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Certification from an accredited phlebotomy program, or the equivalent combination of classroom training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory procedures required.
- CPR certification required
- Knowledge of basic specimen collection,selection, handling and storage activities
- Ability to easily adapt and be flexible to varying WHA office processes.
- Current driver’s license and vehicle, or ability to procure transportation to other clinics or meeting sites.
- Must be able to successfully complete a background check.
Women's Healthcare Associates, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.